Monday, October 15, 2007

Rogue Wave

My Morning Jacket started off sounding like they recorded everything inside of a barn silo. After every frat far and why picked up a copy of Z , after they hit the majors, they still sounded like they were being recorded in a barn silo. This album, which has nothing to do with My Morning Jacket, supposedly required over 150 instruments to record. What small indie band has that many ironic toy instruments lying around? Essentially, I'm getting at Rogue Wave selling out. Although I'm sure this is the album they would have recorded all along, given time and money, it just ambles along, loose and without any anchoring. It really is an odd thing to listen to, the songs just sort of exist, there is no meat to them at all. Space pop at it's finest? I don't know.

No comments: